Art Bell gone again?

Discussion in 'Φ v.1THE COCKNEY TRANSLATER!' started by Iambic Pentacost, Dec 12, 2015.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. For those of you interested...and perhaps unaware....Mr. Bell has stopped his program because of gunshots across from his studio.

The network originally started to host "Midnight in the Desert", and which included many other programs of the alternative ilk, is not in jeopardy because the funds that came flowing from Art's show helped to keep the network afloat.

http://artbell.com

I've looked around on the net, Facebook, etc, and there seems to be two camps of people...one feeling that Art's departure is a fraud or a cover because he's simply not interested in doing the show anymore (and apparently this is repeated behaviour!), and another camp that legitimately believes he's being stalked and his wife and child are being threatened.

Nobody, however, has considered a third alternative (or at least I haven't heard it suggested) that perhaps law enforcement has advised him to announce a departure as part of trying to find the individual (or individuals) in question. I somehow think that this is not the last we've heard from Art. The sad thing is that other brilliant hosts, such as Richard C. Hoagland ( who although controversial and at some times had me screaming bullshit at my iPhone during podcasts, still is entertaining!) won't be able to continue on with the medium via Dark Matter Digital Network. I'm hoping that somehow, somewhere, RCH at least will figure out the mechanics of creating a podcast should the network collapse.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled static.

2. He's talking a lot about the "physics", looking at Pluto and Cerese (spelling) and finding the same kinds of things he found on Mars, but in much greater states of detail and preservation. I'm thinking about approaching him to write a paper on the reasonableness of his physics, but to be honest even after four months I'm not completely sure if I know (or if he knows for that matter!) what these "physics" he's talking about are! It's still good entertainment.

Keith, the head of Dark Matter Radio, is going to keep going for the next 30 days. He's contractually obligated to play Art for the radio stations that signed up but there's going to be a new host, the producer of Art's show, taking up the mantle earlier in the evening. Art was on Friday night so its got me thinking he still wants to be on air, and if circumstances change, may!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rose

Rose InPHInet Rose Φ Administrator

What has Richard C. Hoagland been saying lately, Iambic?