Music - Let It All Out!

Discussion in 'Φ v.3 The GREAT AWAKENING' started by Damned Straight!, Apr 10, 2015.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. For anyone who likes groove! dancey3 amazing riff in bridge sequence...hope you enjoy.

• love it! love it! x 1
  2. Great band George put me on to. Great performance. For you ohwell

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shezbeth

Shezbeth Zonbi Ninshu

This single piece of music shattered all manner of preconceptions regarding what a contemporary piece of music could or 'could not' be for me.

Best lyricist ev4r.

• Applause Applause x 1
    • Masterpiece Masterpiece x 1
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  4. I absolutely LOVE Janis! Tom seems alright. But I wonder how much Axl Rose was influenced by Janis Joplin by singing style.
    If you listen to this and then listen to the earlier Gunner's post, you might pick up on what I'm going on about.

• Like Like x 1
    • love it! love it! x 1
  5. This is only for people who like to know where people who write some of the best songs ever come from and a peak into the lifestyle they live.

• Poignant Poignant x 1
    • listening listening x 1
  6. In my opinion this is the best live TV performance I have ever seen by any Rock Band.
    The determination and power from Axl Rose leads the cause of the band but fantastic musicianship for a bunch of alcoholic junkies! Axl was the only member who did not indulge with Mr. Brownstone. And it show's in his performance. Plenty of people hate him but try fucking replacing him??? Provide alternatives before reneging on the past.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Queen Live @ Wembley Stadium on Saturday 12 July 1986
    At this point Freddie has full blown AIDS and has not yet received the diagnosis. He is very sick even at this point. You name anyone who comes out to a stadium audience who does it better than him...please please please post it! I fucking beg you! Sometimes judgement of social circumstance inflicts on the transparency of music and performance.
    All of this is just my opinion...make whatever you want from it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I don't need to say anything

• Applause Applause x 1
    • love it! love it! x 1
  9. "Comfortably Numb" The Division Bell Tour 1994
    Live at London's Earls Court
    Love the song, lyrics and performed so well...even without Roger Waters.
    Fantastic performance!

• beautiful beautiful x 2
  10. This one goes out to who deemed he....wineeeee
    Oasis live at Knebworth, 1996 - 137,000 people approx two nights in a row.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rose

Rose InPHInet Rose Φ Administrator

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  12. I LOVE this band. I understand the culture where they came from wasn't exactly PC but I think the talent in this band won't be matched again in the heavy metal scene!
    Live in Moscow 1991 in the Rock N Roll presentation to the then Soviets.
    Other acts included AC/DC & Metallica to name just a couple.
    Very interesting festival this was....check out the crowd. It is literally something they have never experienced before! Anyway my opinion is I fucking love it!

A call out to anyone who want's to share things on here...please do! No negative criticism of other's music tastes will be tolerated. It's a celebration...not a competition of opinion when it comes to music.

This goes out to a friend of mine on here...this is for you man \m/
    ddjj

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  13. This is something we don't get too much down in the real south.
    I love this because they made the effort for a place no rock n rolla's usually give a shit about!
    A few cool things to know about this clip:
    1. The Boss (need i say anything else?)
    2. Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam of course)
    3. Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine)
    4. A long serving member of The E St band Steven Van Zandt who was also one of the key actors in The Sopranos (1999-2007).
    I personally love the diversity of what's on the stage and I love the song they cover and how they do it!
    Hope you enjoy and remember to play it LOUD!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I suppose you could say this is where it started for me in some ways , but I'm mainly putting it up to take the piss out of an old mate and partner...
    Easy Steve...what ya sayin , lol..

[]

Very dated etc , but still , lol. Gotta laugh,

Got grief in ten minutes , which is funny cos I had know idea they were looking , lol.
    so by way of reparation...
    []
    []

And hello "big Henry" OK.

15. YouTube No Longer Available

This is a rehearsal for MTV appearance early 92. It might not entertain the way a pre-prepared show's do, but I love how raw it is and how Kurt goes from a soft spoken singing voice (almost talking like Lou Read) into a raspy desperate "Love Myself..Better Than You" with such a punch it defines the song.
    My personal opinion but I fucking love this live version of this song, like watching a band prepare and not so under pressure.
    And another one I really like from Nirvana.

This one is only a few months later...great song!
    "Talk to me...in your own language please!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
    • Applause Applause x 1
  16. this song only hit me when i came home from work at 16 to find my alcoholic father listening to this and i'd never seen man look so sad and still haven't till this day. (he was a very angry man most of the time) but on this occasion i couldn't help but feel for the guy...i literally thanked the earth's arrangement as australia doesn't have guns for sale in shops because i believe he would have shot himself to this song.
    he would not respond to me when i called out "dad dad" several times. he was hypnotised by sorrow and despair and i'll never forget that for the rest of my life!
    i love my father...no matter what he did to me! and this song goes out to him!

• Poignant Poignant x 1
  17. This is a really cool insight into Keith Moons drumming style...referencing 'behind blue eyes'

• Like Like x 1
  18. You mentioned the first cigarette , lol ...
    As a teenager my room was in the attic.
    In the evening I used sit on the windowsill with my feet on the warm roof.
    I would enjoy the view, listen to music...
    I sat there when I smoked the first cigarette I had nicked from my mum.
    That's the song that was playing, it took me almost exactly the length of the song to smoke my cigarette... lol

• love it! love it! x 3
    • listening listening x 1
  19. Danielle

Danielle Member

This album represents a lot of Firsts for me.
    The first album I ever borrowed from my best friend. If he asked for it back I still have it. The track I listened to on repeat on my very first Sony Discman. The best sort of angst, the smell of candle wax, hanging out on the bottom step, talking about profound things and trying my first cigarette. We were so cool. 8-)

• Applause Applause x 3
    • agree agree x 1
    • love it! love it! x 1
  20. Shezbeth

Shezbeth Zonbi Ninshu

Oh yes, I did.

I first heard this song in the summer of '94 when visiting Victoria, Canada. As I crossed the street from purchasing a guidebook on psychic development from an obscure bookstore, I heard this song being blasted by a purple open-top jeep with two gorgeous ladies inside that crossed ahead of me; I did/do not contest the position expressed.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

21. Hottest summer on record , this was the tune banging out the blocks...all windows open , same station , whole terrace,.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  22. YouTube No Longer Available
    I love this track because it hit's me in the face...even though it's gentle it's a smack in the face to me.

• Like Like x 1

23. This seems like a good boxing tune...but all subjective of course.

24. YouTube No Longer Available
    I have a 1k rig and I ain't shy , much better at high volume ...
    Personally o course..[/QUOTE]
    It ALL counts! Whatever works for you and anyone else is welcome. Please share what turns you on in the musical realm of reality for you!
    Please share anything that really get's you fuckin goin! slapee

• Like Like x 1
  25. I'm really feelin this track while bag training , fuckin great does that count ?
    YouTube no Longer Available
    I have a 1k rig and I ain't shy , much better at high volume ...
    Personally o course..

• Like Like x 1
  26. Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... The singer has everything within him. The notes come out from his very life. They are not materials gathered from outside. AE
    This is a thread for everyone who is keen to express their music tastes and (if you want) write about in your posts how the music or how a particular a song has affected you. A song that has kept you company of the years...maybe explain why if you choose.
    I'm gonna kick it off and whoever wants the ball...take it!

I love this song for it's arrangement and patient build up to what I feel as ecstasy. This is a live version and I love it because of the sense of humour of the band!
    Anyone want to pick up the torch?
    Please don't be shy and ALL styles of music are welcome and criticism of anyone's tastes...keep it to yourself!
    denceydanzdencey4dancey2dznzeedancey3ddjjdanzz dancy7

• love it! love it! x 1