Techy Bits ....

Discussion in 'Φ STEM' started by tag, Sep 16, 2018.

1. tag

tag π Φ Administrator

TECHY BITS....
    glo0003.jpg

2. tag

tag π Φ Administrator

Wordfence is a great resource to follow even if you don't use Wordpress.
    In my experience they often lead other techy sites, in reporting news on security issues, by days.​

• Like Like x 1
  3. tag

tag π Φ Administrator

Much is happening in China that ought to be of concern for freedom loving people, every where.

Google was building a special version of their search engine for use in China. A prototype, code named “Dragonfly" has emerged. As reported by The Intercept, this one links users’ search queries with their phone numbers making it easier for the Chinese government to know who is searching for what. Human rights advocates fear that Dragonfly will be especially useful for targeting citizens “seeking out information banned by the government”. The Intercept previously revealed that a Google compiled “blacklist” of search terms included the phrases “human rights”, “student protest”, and “Nobel Prize”. (Google has duly updated their slogan to “Only be evil to Chinese people”).

4. tag

tag π Φ Administrator

Project Verify​

• Like Like x 1
  5. tag

tag π Φ Administrator

Does this qualify as a Techy Bit, ... I don't know?
    Today, I've downloaded the US National Cyber-Strategy Report in hopes of finding time to read it over the next week-ish. lol
    I'm probably a geek!

• Like Like x 1
  6. tag

tag π Φ Administrator

One more Techy Bit for the day, or maybe even the week, ... we'll see.
    This is a follow up article to last week's Wordfence article. It goes more in-depth explaining the terms and gives a very clear visual example of HTTP v HTTPS.
    It's well worth the extra few minutes it would take to read it!